Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pork Medallions Marsala

I love Chicken Marsala, so I figured I'd try it with pork instead.  Normally I slow cook pork to keep it from being dry, however cutting the pork loin into smaller pieces and not cooking too long in the skillet kept it moist.  You could always pre-cook a few minutes on the stove and slow cook it with the wine too.  Next time I might try that!

Marsala wine is sold in the grocery store along with other cooking wines.  One time, years ago I tried to buy some cooking wine on a Sunday morning and they wouldn't sell it to me until after Noon or 1:00 (whatever time the alcoholics are allowed to buy their hooch).  Seriously, do a lot people get their drink on with Marsala wine???  Maybe they need to restrict the cough syrup too...I'm just sayin.  

INGREDIENTS 
1 pound pork loin, cut into 1/2 inch slices
All purpose flour
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup Marsala wine
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
Chopped red onion (optional)
(adjust ingredients accordingly if pork loin is larger than 1 lb)


1.  Dredge pork in flour.  Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side.  Remove from pan.  Reduce heat to medium.


2.  Add garlic to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute.  Add wine and pork, cover and cook on low for about 10 minutes.  Remove pork from skillet.  Add parsley wine mixture and continue on medium heat.

3.  Mix corn starch with a little water, stir into wine in skillet and continue to stir until thickened. 

4.  Serve over pork, garnish with red onion, if desired. I served with rice, but it would be good with noodles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment