Saturday, March 30, 2013

Quiche

Pie crust is one of the best things ever invented in my mind!  Since it isn't very good to eat apple, peach, coconut cream, lemon meringue, etc. for a meal, I make quiche.   

If I have leftover ham, I will use that with broccoli.  Today I made it with crumbled sausage, mushrooms and onions.  You can also switch up the cheese if you like.  I like to use a creamy cheese like Swiss or a combination of Swiss and Mozzarella.

The nice thing is with this recipe, you can use whatever combination of vegetables sounds good to you!



INGREDIENTS
1 deep dish frozen pie shell
4 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups milk
3 Tablespoons flour
2 cups combined cooked meat and vegetables
1-1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
Pepper to taste

1.  Prick the bottom of the pie shell with a fork 3-4 times.
2.  Mix together the rest of ingredients and pour into pie shell
3.  Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.  Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

(I usually put the pie shell on a foil-lined cookie sheet, because it may spill over the edge)

No comments:

Post a Comment