Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pig & Fig Pizza



Recently I ordered flatbread pizza at a local restaurant.  It was DELICIOUS!  So I figured, I could make this at home.  While eating it, I was deconstructing the entire dish in my head.  I then sifted through each ingredient with my fork.  Okay, I lied, used my fingers. I probably looked like a crazy person!

So I came home and started to make my list of all the things I needed.  The next day I bought a pork loin and slow cooked it, shredded it and froze it for whenever I was prepared to make this pizza. Then I had to ask my sister where to find the figs, since I've never bought them before (they are with the raisins).

While this pizza was served on thin crust, it would be equally as good on a regular crust pizza. I think the next time I make it (oh yes, there will be a next time), I might try this on a regular crust and not use as much barbecue sauce.   

INGREDIENTS
(keep in mind these are estimates and should be adjusted accordingly to your liking)

1 pizza crust
2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded (cooked) pork
1/3 cup diced figs
1/3 cup diced mushrooms (optional)
1/2 cup diced goat cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
sprinkle with garlic powder and parsley

1.  Spread BBQ sauce on pizza crust (if using regular crust, you'll want to pre-bake according to instructions)

2.  Dice up figs and mushrooms.  
Figs: I know these don't look appealing,
in fact they look like quite disgusting!

3.  Layer all ingredients on your pizza shell and bake @ 425 degrees (for thin crust) for 10 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment