Thursday, April 18, 2013

Green Bean Salad with Feta

Every now and then I come across a recipe that I go crazy over…this is one of them. A few months ago I visited my friend in Indianapolis and we went to a local farmers market at a creamery outside the city. One of the stands had a little recipe card with this green bean salad on it and I took one and put it into my purse. When the weather actually got warmer I decided it was time to make this salad and wow did I LOVE it! My husband was making fun of me because I wouldn’t shut up about how good the salad was. It is so light and refreshing and healthy that I would eat it every single day if I could! I will definitely be taking this to some summer picnics this year.

Ingredients:
1 lb. fresh green beans
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup almonds
2 TBS. lemon juice
2 TBS. olive oil
2 TBS. chopped fresh dill
Salt & Pepper

1. Cut the green beans into bite-sized pieces and cook them in boiling water until cooked but still crunchy. About 6-7 minutes.

2. Drain the green beans and rinse with cold water, set aside.

3. In a salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dill and a dash of salt and pepper. (I also zested about half of the lemon into the bowl for extra flavor).

4. Add in cooled green beans and toss.

5. Lastly, add in quartered cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and almonds and gently toss everything. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment