Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pulled Pork Sandwiches


For some reason, I am on a life-long quest to find the perfect pulled pork sandwich. My husband always makes fun of me because if we go to a restaurant with pulled pork on the menu, I automatically order it. The only problem is, I've found the perfect pulled pork and its my mom's recipe! I always thought hers was the best but that it must be difficult to make...and then I was surprised to learn that it is so extremely simple. Throw a pork shoulder roast in the crock pot with some seasonings and onions and 8 hours later you have melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork. Mix with your favorite BBQ sauce and place on what my family calls "nice buns" for an awesome sandwich.

(On a side note, when my sister was little she was on a life-long mission to find the perfect hot dog. We can't really help her with that one!)

Ingredients:
4-5 pound pork shoulder roast
1/2 onion, diced
BBQ sauce, 1 bottle
Salt & pepper
Bakery buns

1. Place the pork shoulder in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the diced onion all around the pork shoulder. Add about a cup of water in the crock pot.

3. Cook on Low for 8-9 hours.

4. When finished, the pork should fall apart. Shred with a fork and place into a separate bowl. (You might have to pull away some fatty parts from the pork roast)


5. Mix with your favorite BBQ sauce, it usually takes a whole bottle but add as much or as little as you like. (I LOVE Sweet Baby Ray's...that's my go-to for this recipe).

No comments:

Post a Comment