Thursday, April 25, 2013

Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Thai Peanut Sauce

I like to prepare things for grilling, because once my prep work is done, I turn it over to the hubby for the actual grilling!  It is the best way to get him to think he is cooking.  He puts it on the grill, then plays with his iPhone and takes it off after the allotted time.  Actually, he does a very good job and doesn't overcook, like I probably would if I grilled.  Sometimes I'm so paranoid about eating under-cooked meat, that I leave it on the grill until you need a chain saw to cut the meat.  

With these kabobs, you can either make your own Satay Sauce (ingredients below) to use for grilling, or you can buy your favorite bottled sauce.  What I have been getting lately is Archer Farms (Target brand) Peanut Thai sauce.  Very yummy.   

This is a great recipe that is healthy and it doesn't take a lot of meat and vegetables to make quite a few kabobs.  
INGREDIENTS
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut in 2" pieces
Vegetables of choice, I used:
    Mushrooms, halved
    Red Onion
    Grape tomatoes
    Yellow Squash
1 cup (or so) Peanut or Satay sauce



1.  Soak wood skewers in some water for at last 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill
2.  Thread alternating meat and vegetables onto skewers
3.  Pour sauce over kabobs and marinade in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4.  Grill over medium coals for 6 minutes, then flip and grill for 4 more minutes.  Serve with rice.

OR...

Satay Sauce
3/4 cup light sour cream
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil




No comments:

Post a Comment