Sunday, January 19, 2014

Basil Thai Chicken

There is a restaurant I love to go to that has this amazing dish with ground chicken, peppers onions and a tasty brown sauce. I started to wonder if I could make something similar at home, but I had no idea what might be in the brown sauce. While strolling the grocery store, I found this bottled sauce that I thought might have a similar taste and it turned out to be great when I mixed it with some soy sauce.
If you can't find this exact sauce, something that has a sweeter taste and a thicker consistency would work too. The Basil leaves make the dish different and give it a nice flavor at the end. Also, we like things a little spicier so I used half of a hot cherry pepper and for me it was perfect but my husband said he would have liked a little more spice, so make it to your own taste!

Ingredients
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic
1 cup Thai Basil sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 Basil leaves, minced

Optional: For extra spice, add 1/2 of a hot cherry pepper, diced

1. In a medium heat skillet, brown the onion, peppers, garlic and the hot cherry pepper if you decide to put it in the dish.

2. Once the onions and peppers get a little browned, add in the chicken, Thai Basil sauce and soy sauce. Be sure to break up the chicken with your spoon.

3. Put a lid on the pan until the chicken is fully cooked. Right before serving, stir in the minced basil leaves.

4. Serve over white rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment