Thursday, January 30, 2014

Shrimp stir fry with peanut butter

I'm not sure if it is a dangerous thing, or a good thing, but I've been watching a lot of episodes of Chopped on the Food Network lately.  Corinne got me turned onto that, and now I'm addicted. For those of you who have seen it, can you imagine preparing the dishes they do in the time frame in which they have?  I would be a mess!

So on one episode, one of the basket ingredients was peanut butter and the chef added it to a stir fry, thus this recipe post.

I love stir fry and usually just make it with this great Soyaki Sauce I like from Trader Joe's.  This time, I decided to amp it up with some peanut butter too.  If you don't have this, you can use any teriyaki sauce, or just soy sauce seasoned with garlic, ginger and sesame seeds. 

INGREDIENTS

Cut up vegetables of choice - about 3 cups
     (I used slightly blanched carrots, zucchini, onions and yellow peppers)
Sesame oil 
1-1-1/2 cup Soyaki, Teriyaki or Soy Sauce (see note above)
1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
Cooked shrimp (if using uncooked shrimp, cook with vegetables for a few minutes)


1.  With a little sesame oil, in a skillet, saute [to mild crispness] vegetables, remove from pan.

2.  Add sauce into pan and stir in peanut butter until smooth



3.  Put vegetables back into the pan to infuse the flavor, stir.  Add the cooked shrimp in the last few minutes, so they don't get chewy.  You just want the shrimp to get warmed.  Serve over rice!  




No comments:

Post a Comment