Thursday, January 31, 2013

Banana-Pecan Muffins


Anyone who doesn't have old-mushy bananas in their kitchen probably: 1) doesn't like bananas, 2) goes to the store every day just to buy 1 banana or 3) is lying.  Well I frequently have old bananas (insert joke here).  I either put them into a smoothie or make muffins.

Is it just me, or is there some nationwide banana conspiracy to get you to buy more bananas?  Yeah, they're cheap, but we all end up throwing them away because they are disgusting when they're mushy!  And don't even get me started on those banana stands!  They may hasten the aging of the bananas by 10 minutes, but they are hardly worth the space on the counter or the $10.00 I shelled out for ours!  That is $10 my kids are never going to see in their inheritance.  At least one of them will get the banana hanger, which I'm sure will appease them.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
1 cup sugar.  I used 1/2 cup Truvia instead
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas (which I'm sure you gathered from my rant above)
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans (walnuts would be good too)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Either coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, or use cupcake papers.

2.  In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.  Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. 

3.  In a separate bowl, mash bananas with fork and add into sugar, butter and egg mixture, stir.

4.  Stir in flour, baking soda and cinnamon, mixing just enough to moisten.  Add pecans.

5.  Spoon batter into muffin cups (really, was this necessary for me to put in here?  Of course you're going to put the batter into the muffin cups, WE'RE MAKING MUFFINS HERE PEOPLE!  What else would you do with the batter?  If you're that incompetent that you didn't know that, you probably shouldn't be around sharp objects either!)

6.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

These are fine to be frozen too and then you can have 1 anytime you want!  Take that banana farmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment