Sunday, January 13, 2013

Stuffed Pork Chops

A nearby grocery store had a similar dish in their prepared foods section and after trying it one day, I said "I can make that!" and I came up with this recipe for stuffed pork chops. This one has fall flavors with the cranberries and apples, but you could substitute other ingredients with the same base of the prepared stuffing. To make it easy on myself, I buy pork chops that have already been butterflied open so I can just put the stuffing mixture right in.

Ingredients:
- 4 pork chops (butterflied open)
- 1 cup prepared stuffing
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 2 T. dried cranberries
- 2 T. sliced almonds
- Olive oil

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Start by preparing the stuffing. I use the pre-made mix (Stove Top) and make 1 cup of the stuffing. Once it's finished (it only takes about 5 minutes) I add it to a bowl with the diced apple, cranberries and almonds. Mix together.

3. Place the pork chops on a cutting board and take a handful of the stuffing to place inside. This is slightly messy but suck it up! Make sure you portion out enough to fit in the 4 pork chops.

4. Once the pork chops are stuffed, place them in a medium-high heat pan with a little bit of olive oil. Brown both sides and then finish in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the pork chop is fully cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment