Thursday, January 3, 2013

Brownie Cookies

So - I'm not big into baking, but my office was having a cookie contest and damned if I was going to lose! (The prize was a bottle of wine...hence my motivation). So I looked up recipes online but I'm not a huge cookie fan to begin with...I love brownies though so I was on the hunt for something brownie-ish. I came across this recipe which looked very easy and I added in the walnuts for a little something extra. They turned out to be very messy to make, but extremely delicious!

Ingredients:
- 1 package brownie mix (13 x 9 inch pan size)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini ones)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioner's sugar

1. Mix together in a large bowl the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil. Fold in the chocolate chips and the walnuts.


2. Then spoon about a tablespoon into a shallow dish filled with confectioner's sugar. Roll the mixture around until completely coated and then place on a greased baking sheet.


3. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until completely cooked through. Enjoy with milk...yummy!
Side Note: I did NOT win the office cookie contest...damn overachievers in my office made all these fancy-pants cookies...I majorly underestimated my competition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment