Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fresh Basil Pesto


As you may have already been able to tell...my basil plants are going crazy so I'm trying to use basil in as many recipes as possible! I decided I had too much and it was time to make some basil pesto. This pesto is so delicious and you can alter it depending on how much of each ingredient you have. I made the pesto and then put it in the freezer until I was ready to use it. One night when we didn't have too much to eat at home, I mixed together a bunch of different pastas that I had at home and then mixed about a 1/4 cup of the pesto with it. Delicious!

Ingredients
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper

1. In a food processor, add the basil leaves, walnuts, chopped garlic, salt & pepper. Blend together until minced.

2. Add in the olive oil and blend again until smooth.

3. If using pesto right away, you can add in the parmesan cheese. If freezing the pesto to use later, don't add the cheese until you actually use the pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment