Thursday, June 27, 2013

Veggie pizza...or whatever you want to call it!

I like to make this in the summer and munch on for lunch or even dinner. This is a great thing to take to a large gathering, because it makes a whole cookie-sheet. This weekend, I was hungry for this, but with just two of us it seemed like too much, so I shared it with our neighbors.  Their daughter said it tastes like salad!

My neighbor said the name "Veggie Pizza" was deceiving.  This got me thinking that maybe we should name this something different?  


Comment on the blog post and come up 
with a new name for this dish!  

We will vote on the names submitted and the winner will be mentioned in the blog!  Since we have so many viewers from so many different countries, this will be a way for us to get to know you!  

INGREDIENTS:
2 packages crescent rolls
8 oz. cream cheese-softened
Small sour cream (8 oz)
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip)
Finely chopped vegetables as desired.  I used broccoli, carrots and cauliflower (I chopped them in the food processor)
Shredded cheddar cheese



1.  Spread rolls on cookie sheet.  Cook "crust" per directions on package. - Cool

2.  Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, dry ranch dressing and mayonnaise.  





3.  Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled crust.  Top with vegetables and cheddar cheese.  Refrigerate and cut into serving size pieces.  





No comments:

Post a Comment