Thursday, December 20, 2012

KJ Sausage Stew

My friend Kimberly told me about this dish and it sounded so good, I just had to try it!  It was so delish, I decided to name it after her.   While I was at the grocery store, I couldn't remember what kind of vegetables she used, so I just decided to use what I liked and what sounded tasty.  I will list the veggies I used and what she uses and you can pick and choose what you want when you try this yummiest of yummy recipes! 

Since I used chicken sausage, reduced sodium chicken broth and low fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing, it is not only low in carbs (the chicken sausage has 0), but good for Weight Watchers.  Each serving (approximately 1-1/2 cups) came out to be 5 points using the Recipe Builder function of Weight Watchers website.
 

Ingredients:

1 cup baby carrots cut in bite size pieces
1 small zucchini, cut in bite size pieces
1 cup chopped onion
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, halved
2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Basil
1-1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 lb chicken sausage links, cut in 1" pieces
1/3 cup Light balsamic vinaigrette dressing

KJ Veggie variation:
(carrotts, small potatoes, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, yellow squash)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
1.  Mix all veggies and spices in a 9x13 glass baking dish.  Pour chicken broth over veggies and bake in oven for 50 minutes (uncovered). 

2.  Cut up chicken sausage and brown in skillet until crispy. 


3.  After the veggies bake, stir in sausage and pour balsamic vinaigrette over top. 

4.  Bake for another 60 minutes.  Numnumnumnumnum....



No comments:

Post a Comment