Sunday, December 16, 2012

Salmon Cakes

This is a good way to eat fish with a little more favor.  Plus anytime you can add my favorite ingredients of mushrooms, onions and bacon..it's a good day!  I also entered this recipe in Weight Watcher's Recipe Builder and each Salmon cake is only 2 Points.

Now, one caveat...When I'm cooking I don't always measure ingredients, but this is my best guess.  If it doesn't turn out, then it must be your fault, not mine. :-) 

First, go out and catch your own salmon as demonstrated below:


Ingredients:

2 pouches Pink Salmon, skinless & boneless (if you don't want to use the method above)
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, cut in small pieces
1/3 cup cocktail sauce
4 slices crisp cooked bacon, cut in small pieces
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/3 seasoned breadcrumbs.  I like to use Panko
1 egg
Parsley, Pepper, garlic powder

1. Mix together salmon, egg, cocktail sauce, onions, bread crumbs and spices.


This is really a Rorschach test...if you see Donald Duck getting bludgeoned by an ax, seek immediate psychiatric help; I just made my appointment.



 
2.  Cut up bacon into small pieces and fry to desired crispness.  Drain and add to mixture above.












3.  I ALWAYS use fresh mushrooms and in my opinion, if you don't, you should just stop here and go curl up in the fetal position in your living room. 

Cut up in small pieces and saute for a few minutes in the same pan you used for bacon, with just a little bacon grease.  Then add to the mixture above. 


4.  Mix all ingredients together and form into small patties, about 3" in diameter.  Coat each side with Panko bread crumbs. 


5.  Heat about 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in frying pan and fry each side of the cakes for a couple minutes.  Serve with favorite side...

No comments:

Post a Comment