Thursday, December 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner

Sitting on the couch on a weeknight around 10:00 pm...suddenly I remembered I was supposed to prepare this dish for the following night's meal! In fear of having to come up with another idea for the next night's dinner...I dragged myself off the couch and forced my husband to help me chop the vegetables for this amazing one-pot meal. It was ready to go by 10:15 so I could hit the hay (yes, I'm lame and go to bed that early). This dish is great and you can prepare it the night before, put it in the fridge, and then in the morning turn the crockpot on before you head to work. The chicken and vegetables are very tender and flavorful - not to mention the house smells amazing when you walk in the door from work!

Ingredients:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into cubes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into cubes
- 1 t. dried parsley
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. honey
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 4 T. melted butter
- 2 T. paprika
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. cumin
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or water

1. Cut potatoes, carrots, and onion into bite-sized cubes. Toss vegetables together with parsley, salt, pepper, and 2 Tablespoons of the melted butter. Place in the bottom of your slow cooker.

2. Combine remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter, paprika, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, cumin and a dash of salt in a small bowl. Rub chicken breasts with the paprika mixture and place chicken breasts on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.

3. Pour in chicken stock or water just to keep the vegetables and chicken moist while cooking.

4. Cover and cook on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 7-9 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I made this for Jordan last night and he loved it! Thanks for helping me trick him into thinking I can cook!!

Post a Comment