Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

In a land far far away, long ago before blogs were even invented and before Facebook was a way of life, we used to share recipes at work with friends. Imagine that!  We actually talked to each other and didn't stare at our phones and computers.  This archaic practice is how I originally obtained this recipe; from my friend Dawn.  (You know who you are!)  It is very delicious because of the Swiss cheese, stuffing and creaminess of the soup.  Now I happen to like a lot of "sauce", so IF I was making 6 chicken breasts I would use two cans of soup.  For just the two of us, I only use three chicken breasts, with 1 can of soup.

INGREDIENTS
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
pepper and garlic powder to taste
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 or 2 cans cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
2 cups prepared stuffing ( I use Pepperidge Farm)
1/2 stick butter, melted

1.  Grease 9 x 13 pan and place chicken breasts in bottom (I used a smaller pan, because I was only making 3 breasts).  

2.  Sprinkle each chicken breast with garlic powder and pepper.  Place one piece of swiss cheese on each breast.  (The chicken breasts people, unless placing swiss cheese on your own breasts is something you feel compelled to do!)



3.  In a separate bowl, mix soup and milk together and pour over chicken.  

4.  Sprinkle dry stuffing mix over top the chicken, drizzle melted butter over stuffing.

5.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment