Thursday, May 2, 2013

Redneck Caviar

Thanks to my freeend Vicki fer introducin me ta Redneck Caviar.  It don't make no cent thit a niiiiice laaady from out West in Indianer would be givin me a redneck recipea, but she did an it had done become one of my kin's favorite snacks.

Now this recipea makes a crapload (that is redneck for a lot!).  So you could cut it in half I reckin.  But it do keep in the icebox for a month if you caint eat it all up in one sittin.




INGREDIENTS
3 Cans black-eyed peas (drained)
2 Cans Shoepeg corn (drained) see note below
2 Cans Rotel tomatoes
2 Tomatoes (diced)
2 Green Peppers (diced)
1- 16oz. bottle of Italian Dressing (I use fat-free)
I had never heard of Shoepeg corn before this recipe;
I'm sure regular white corn can also be used.


1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Steps

1.  Mix all ingredients together
2.  Eat with your fingers or corn chips 







No comments:

Post a Comment