Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chicken Roll-ups

This recipe combines a few of my favorite things: chicken and bacon with cream cheese!  I think I've had this recipe for years..in fact, I typed it on a typewriter!  When I first obtained this recipe there was no chicken broth added and without it, believe it or not, they can be a little dry.  You add the chicken broth at the end and thicken it up on top of the stove, so you'll want to use a baking dish which can also be used on top of the stove.

I have this threatening meat tenderizer from Pampered Chef (right).  If your State laws prohibit you from having a weapon like this and you don't have another meat tenderizer, you can always use the bottom of a glass and flatten out the meat that way.  

INGREDIENTS

6 Boneless chicken breast pieces
8 oz. whipped cream cheese (I use light)
6 slices bacon
Parsley, black pepper, garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth
Corn starch

1.  Pound chicken on waxed paper to flatten out a little.  The chicken breasts I use are pretty large, so I cut them in half.  

2.  Spread each chicken piece with approximately 3 T of cream cheese.

3.  Sprinkle spices on each piece.



4. Fold chicken into rolls and wrap with a strip of bacon.


5. Cover with foil Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Take chicken roll-ups out of pan and set a side. 

6.  In a separate bowl, mix 1-2 T of corn starch into 1 cup of chicken broth.

7.  Pour chicken broth mixture in bottom of pan (note there will be some juice in there from baking the chicken, plus any cream cheese which oozed out.

8.  Heat broth to boiling on the top of the stove, while stirring constantly.  This should only take a minute or two to thicken.  Serve as gravy on top of chicken roll ups.  


No comments:

Post a Comment