Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ham Loaf & Roasted Cauliflower

HAM LOAF


Here is my confession: My name is Julie...and I like Ham Loaf!  Whew...I guess admitting it is the first step.  

Corinne has informed me that no one else will want to try this recipe, but it would be good "for laughs".  So just to make up for the lack of enthusiasm, I added another recipe for Roasted Cauliflower.  Both my late mother and my late former mother-in-law used to make ham loaf and I just always loved the sweetness of the pork with the brown-sugar glaze.  This recipe calls for 2 pounds of meat and I usually make 6 individual loaves and freeze half of them.  This year, the remainder will be placed in Corinne's Christmas stocking!

HAM LOAF INGREDIENTS
1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground ham (I usually ground up the ham in my food processor)
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 cups soft bread crumbs (I tear up about 4 slices of bread)
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1/8 t pepper
1 T brown sugar
1/2 t dry mustard

GLAZE INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1 t. dry mustard


1.  Ground up ham in food processor.  

2.  Mix all meat loaf ingredients in a bowl and form into 6 mini loaves (you can also half the recipe for 3 loaves)

3.  Mix Glaze ingredients together and pour over meat loaves
4.  Bake @ 350 for 1 hour

ROASTED CAULIFLOWER

INGREDIENTS
1 head cauliflower
Yellow Bell Pepper
2-T olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Spices: Pepper, Mrs. Dash, Basil

1.  Clean and cut up cauliflower and pepper in small bite-size pieces, put in bowl
2.  Drizzle olive oil over veggies and add spices to taste, mix well
3.  Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and roast in 450 degree oven for 15 minutes (or until tender).
4.  Transfer back to bowl and mix in Parmesan Cheese.
5.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment