Thursday, February 14, 2013

Greek Chicken Pasta


OK so shortly after I finished taking pictures of this recipe with my phone, my phone died on me and I lost all the photos...don't even get me started on my rant of how phone companies only make phones so they last 1 1/2 years so that during the last six months of your contract you must suffer on a daily basis...see, this is bad, you got me started! Anyways, you'll have to use your own imagination on this one with the step-by-step picturing of everything. I originally found this recipe in a cooking magazine several years ago and I've adjusted it a little to include more sundried tomatoes because I love those and I eliminated olives because I'm not a huge fan. (The picture above is of the leftovers I had the next day).

Ingredients:

- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (or about 3 chicken breasts)
- 3/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) chicken stock

Optional: To make it more "greek" you could do 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts and 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes instead of the 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes...that makes for a good combo! And of course, you could add in some greek olives too.

1. Start a large pot of boiling water for the penne pasta. When water is boiling, cook pasta until finished and then drain in strainer.

2. In medium saute pan, melt butter and add onions. Cook onions on medium heat until translucent and tender.

3. In another medium saute pan, add chopped chicken breast with a little bit of olive oil and cook until fully cooked. (To save some time, you could get a pre-prepared rotisserie chicken and chop that up instead)

4. Once onions are tender, add in flour and stir to mix together until fully incorporated and thick.

5. Slowly add chicken stock to onions and flour mixture and stir together until thick and creamy.

6. To onion mixture, add cooked pasta, cooked chicken, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese (and artichokes if you decide to put those in). Stir until everything is fully incorporated.

7. Place the entire pan under the broiler for about 4 minutes until the top is crispy and bubbly! Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment